In its 18th year, South by Southwest Interactive Festival & Conferences taking place March 11-15, 2011 in Austin, Texas features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the incredible new SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable line-up of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative ideas the international community has to offer. More info: http://www.sxsw.com/interactive and the local representative is Phil Tripp (email@example.com or (02) 9557 7766).
- The SXSW Interactive Awards uncovers the best new digital work, from websites to web applications and beyond, while celebrating those who are building tomorrow's online trends. Details at http://sxsw.com/interactive/awards
- Over 200 panels and their convenors have been announced. From augmented reality to lessons from entrepreneurial fails to mobile apps to web design, this preliminary batch of panels represents some of the most forward-thinking topics in emerging media today. See panel titles and content details including moderators at http://sxsw.com/interactive/talks/sessions
- The third annual SXSW Accelerator Presented by Microsoft BizSpark will take place March 14-16. Apply at http://sxsw.com/interactive/accelerator/enter . With a live audience and panel of expert judges discovering advancements in social media, mobile applications, web entertainment, it features product demonstrations by the most ambitious talents in the world with the most creative new ideas to change it. Submission deadline is December 10.
- The four day SxSW Trade Fair is a huge exhibition for Creative Industries March 14-17. From agencies and commissions to social media solutions and software/hardware manufacturers, it's the heart of convergence for the evolving Interactive, Film and Music industries at SxSW.
- Early bird registrations are US$450 to September 24 rising to a $750 walk-up rate a month out. See rates and registration details online at http://sxsw.com/attend
Marketing details are at -